TV boredom

Tuesday, July 7, 2009
First off, I'm going to say that, yes, I was a Michael Jackson fan. I remember telling my dad when I was little that I would marry him some day. While we all know that didn't happen, I was a fan of his music. Would have loved to have seen a concert. Didn't go all gaga over him. Probably would have gotten blubber mouthed if I ever had run into him. Felt sorry for the torment he was obviously under.
All my sympathies to his family, friends, and most of all, children.

Okay, now to my gripe! What's with all the programs!?!?!?
We cut out our Direct TV cause it was just getting too expensive to justify for our family. So now we get about 12 channels (yeah, we're in a valley and don't get the 30+ over the air channels that some lucky folk get) and every night since he's passed away, all it's been is Michael, Michael, Michael. If I didn't already feel as though I knew him, I sure do now!

Yeah, I'm listening to the memorial service as I clean the house and entertain the children. I could shut it off or listen to the radio. But I also feel drawn to it. It's crazy, I know.

Guess what we're watching tonight!?!? NO! Not the special 48 hours about, guess who? No, I rented "Dallas" from the library! Ha, ha! Let's see what all the Dallas hype was about back when I was really little! My hubby remembers having to go to bed at 8 when the show would start. He would plead with his parents just to let him hear the Dallas song so that he could hear the trumpets. He later played the trumpet in band, and occasionally now when he runs across it in the closet. I'm going to tell him there's something on TV I want to watch, have him close his eyes and play the song! Then, yeah, we'll watch it. :)

Now I feel better ranting for a minute!

0 comments: