Fleece adventure

Tuesday, June 12, 2012
So Mother's Day Weekend, I took my mother-in-law with me to Shepherd's Harvest.  We didn't have much time to look around because we had to attend my mother's graduation (her masters degree!) that afternoon.  I did, however, manage to purchase 2 fleeces.

So I had 2 fleeces at home and 2 new ones added.

Now, for many that would be enough.  But I found a great shepherdess in Hastings and she was willing to send me fleeces.  I got 4 more.
I also found 2 Border Leicesters on revelry to try.
And a revelry friend had access to rare Hog Island fleece, so I got one from her, loved it so much that she's sending me another.

What's that make?
1 Jacob
1 Cormo/Merino/Polwarth
1 Targhee
1 BFL cross
2 Border Leicester
4 Merino
2 Hog Island
That's 12 fleeces!!!

So I've been busy washing fleeces ever since!  Once they're all washed, they'll be stashed and I can work on them at a more leisurely pace.  :)  I'll post pics when I get them washed.

0 comments: